Skip to content

Beyond Downtown

Town of Canton >> Visitors >> Sight-Seeing >> Driving Tours of Historic Canton >> Beyond Downtown

Collinsville (Beyond Downtown) Driving Tour

Originally called South Canton, the village of Collinsville grew up around the edge tool works of the Collins Company, founded in 1826. Most civic institutions from the bank to the post office and library began in the Collins office. At one time the company owned 195 residences of various styles and sizes to house its workforce. For more about Collinsville visit the walking tour.  

Select Categories:

1. Canton Veterans Memorial, corner of Bridge (Route 179) and River Streets
2. Hill Street Streetscape
3. Collinsville Junction—High St Station, corner of Dyer Ave & Allen Place
4. Trinity Church, 55 River Road
5. Southwest Cemetery, Simonds Avenue
6. Rufus Garrett House, 30 Simonds Avenue
7. Captain Daniel Wilcox House, 72 Town Bridge Road
8. Town Bridge
9. Cavalry Cemetery, Collins Road
10. Nepaug Dam and Reservoir, end of Torrington Avenue


Driving Tours of Historic Canton
Canton Village, Albany Turnpike & East Hill Driving Tour
Canton Center Driving Tour
North Canton Driving Tour
Walking Tours of Collinsville