Skip to content

North Canton

Town of Canton >> Visitors >> Sight-Seeing >> Driving Tours of Historic Canton >> North Canton

Congratulations to the Canton Police Department for receiving the 2024 CIRMA Excellence in Risk Management Award.

Click HERE for video. 

 

Click here for the 2024 Town Budget Meeting Schedule

 


North Canton Driving Tour


Originally designated “New Canton,” the area was renamed “North Canton” in 1837. Canton’s second school, second meetinghouse, second cemetery and second post office were here. Although considered a quiet, rural part of town, in the late eighteenth century and well into the nineteenth North Canton was a busy place with two blacksmith shops, a couple or three taverns, a powder mill, grist and sawmills, several cider mills and distilleries, a tannery, leather and shoemaking shop, and a button factory.

Select Categories:




1. North Canton Methodist Church, 3 Case Street
2. North Canton School, Case Street
3. Messenger House, 667 Cherry Brook Road
4. David Adams House, 4 West Simsbury Road
5. William Wilcox House, 580 Cherry Brook Road
6. North Canton (Methodist) Cemetery, Cherry Brook Road
7. Kenneth King House, 477 Cherry Brook Road
8. Bel-Air Site, 355 Cherry Brook Road
9. Edwin White House, 146 North Mountain Road

GO TO:

Driving Tours of Historic Canton
Canton Village, Albany Turnpike & East Hill Driving Tour
Canton Center Driving Tour
Collinsville - Beyond Downtown - Driving Tour
Walking Tours of Collinsville