Skip to content

Cavalry Cemetery, Collins Road

Files & Documents >> Visitor Documents >> Driving Tours (text) >> Cavalry Cemetery, Collins Road

UPDATED - Key Points regarding Revaluation & Phase In Information - CLICK HERE 

 

Click here for the 2024 Town Budget Meeting Schedule

FEMA Flood Map Changes/Appeal Process (2/28/24-5/28/24)


Cavalry Cemetery, Collins Road
  

Next  Beyond Downtown List

In 1914 Saint Patrick’s Church purchased this land where Samuel Collins’ estate once stood, after the mansion burned on January 30, 1912. Calvary was dedicated and the first burial was in 1915. When the Nepaug Reservoir was being built in 1915, 174 bodies were removed from “St. John's Cemetery” to Calvary Cemetery.