Skip to content

Housing Info and Resources

Town of Canton >> Departments >> Senior and Social Services >> Social Services >> Housing Info & Resources >> Housing Info and Resources

INSTRUCTIONS: Change the folder ID below to match the sub-folder you wish to use as sub-pages/sub-navigation. DO NOT USE THIS WITH THE "Generic Single-Column" TEMPLATE.

For Landlord/Tenant/Mortgage Legal Problems-assistance may be available from the following:


Housing Education Resource Center:

This agency provides counseling assistance for people who may be facing foreclosure. They can be reached at 860.296.4242.


Connecticut Fair Housing Center:

Located at 221 Main Street, Hartford, CT 06106. Phone 860.247.4400. Email: Contact them for information on fair housing, housing discrimination, and tenant rights.


Community Renewal Team:

The Community Renewal Team has programs for eviction prevention and landlord/tenant conflict resolution. Their program provides three services: 1. Mediating landlord-tenant conflict resolution, 2. Granting funds for back rent and mortgages and 3. Facilitating mortgage-holder agreements and payment rescheduling for delinquent mortgages. Call 860.560.5800.

Section 8 Housing Assistance:

The housing choice voucher program is the government's major program for assisting very-low-income families to afford decent, safe, and sanitary housing in the private market. Participants are able to find their own housing, including apartments, townhouses, and single-family homes. People with vouchers are free to choose any private rental housing that meets the requirements of the program. Call 860.693.6464.

Canton Housing Authority:

The CHA is a public agency that helps people who meet income and other eligibility guidelines secure affordable, safe and quality housing in the Town of Canton. Information and applications for available housing units can be found contacting the Canton Housing Authority office.

Canton Housing Authority (21 Dowd Avenue)  860.693.6464 or

Maple Glen 860.693.2535 or   

Canton's 2022-2027 Affordable Housing Plan

This plan was adopted by the Planning and Zoning commission on 2/16/22 following a public hearing on 1/19/22
~click here for the details~


INSTRUCTIONS: Change the content ID below to match the "Contact Us" page you wish to reference in the "sidebar".

Contact Us

Senior & Social Services Department
40 Dyer Avenue
Canton, CT 06019

Phone:      (860) 693-5811
Fax:          (860) 693-5835

Tonoa Jackson - By Appointment Only
Senior & Social Services Director 

Rebecca Briggs
Administrative Assistant to the Director

Kara McConville
Senior Center Coordinator 

Municipal Agent for the Elderly
The agent, Tonoa Jackson, currently represents the State of Connecticut Department of Aging and is the person to contact for any senior-related question, problem or concern.

Notary services available by appointment only.
Office Hours
Monday - Friday      8am - 3:00pm
The Senior & Social Services Office is located in the lower level of the Canton Community Center
40 Dyer Avenue
Collinsville, CT 06019