Basketball Referee (Part Time)
Rate: Starting at $11.00/hour
Job Description: The Basketball Referee(s) applies recreation league policies and enforces basketball rules to uphold an appropriate level of control, fairness and safety during games. Maintains safety standards and practices at all times. Follows and enforces town and department policies.
• Referees basketball league games for groups from K-8th grade
• Assist the onsite coordinator with set up for games
• Maintains superior communication with supervisors, coaches, fellow referees, participants, and parents
• Ensures the safety and well-being of all program participants by providing high-quality risk management at all times
• Other duties as assigned
• Experience working with children preferably in youth sports environment
• General understanding of basketball rules
Recreation Supervisor and the Director of Parks and Recreation
Part time during basketball season (hours vary based on program needs). Saturdays (morning/afternoon) expected
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled and may be directed to the Town of Canton, 4 Market Street, PO Box 168, Collinsville, CT 06022. Attention: Robert Skinner. EOE.