Skip to content

VALLEY HOUSE - 130 Main Street

Files & Documents >> Visitor Documents >> Walking Tours (text) >> VALLEY HOUSE - 130 Main Street

17R. VALLEY HOUSE - 130 Main Street 

Next  Red Tour List

Now condominiums, the Valley House was built as a hotel in 1868 by the Collins Company to house visiting dignitaries, often from South and Central America. Various shops once occupied the ground floor fronting on Main Street. The large brick building provides an excellent counterbalance to the church at the other end of The Green. A large Italianate wooden canopy overhands the entrance, and the slate mansard roof and strong overhanging eaves gives the building stature.