The Town of Canton is looking for seven volunteers to become members of the newly formed Temporary Committee on Sustainable Waste Management.
The Board of Selectmen created this temporary committee for the purpose of studying and making recommendations on the appropriate practices and policies for promoting sustainable waste management.
The focus of the Committee shall include but not be limited to:
• Research appropriate alternative technologies for municipal waste treatment.
• Research methods of composting organic waste including local composting operations and/or regional approaches.
• Research methods of reducing municipal waste that needs to be hauled off site and processed.
• Research techniques for increasing the amount of recycled materials.
• Determine cost impact of recommended changes.
• Determine environmental impact of recommended changes.
• Determine methods for communicating with the public regarding the benefits of sustainable waste management.
The Committee will serve for a term of two years, unless dissolved by a vote of the Board of Selectmen at an earlier date. The two year term shall begin upon the initial meeting of the Committee. The Committee shall give a preliminary report to the Board of Selectmen on the status of their research and possible recommendations no later than July 1, 2022.
If you are interested in serving on this temporary committee, please return an application and resume to:
Office of the CAO
Town of Canton
P.O. Box 168
Collinsville, CT 06022