Knowledge Base

Is a timber harvest regulated by the Town?

It depends on the location of the property. If the cutting of timber is within 100’ of the Farmington River, it is regulated by the Zoning Commission and the party should be referred to the Town Planner at 860-693-7856. If the cutting of timber or the construction of haul roads is within 100’ of a wetland soil or a watercourse, the activity is regulated by the Canton Inland Wetlands and Watercourses Agency (IWWA) and the IWWA's Authorized Agent should be contacted at 860-693-7892 prior to start of any activity.
Updated 5/18/2016 12:59 PM
Was this page helpful? Yes No
Thanks for your feedback!