9/29/2023 - 09/27/2023
At its September 27th meeting, the Board of Selectmen took the following actions:
- The Selectmen set October 11, 2023 at 7 pm in the Community Center Room F as the date, time and place for a Town Meeting to vote on the transfer of funds to cover deficits from Fiscal Year 2022-2023. While there is revenue to cover these deficits, the Town Charter requires us to first transfer funds from the Undesignated Fund Balance before applying the offsetting revenues. The Town will ask that $275,871 be transferred to cover general fund deficits and an additional $181,559 to cover the Fiscal Year 2022/2023 EMS deficit.
- The Board denied an application for Tax Abatement for the owners of 401 Albany Turnpike LLC.
- The Board accepted an application from the First Selectman to name the new boat ramp at the Public Works Facility after David P. Sinish. The naming application will proceed through the Town's naming process which provides a 30 day period for additional names to be submitted.
- The Selectmen authorized the Chief Administrative Officer to enter into a five-year agreement with COTT Systems to maintain the Town's Land Records. The Board also authorized the Town Planner to enter into a multi-year contract with General Code Maplink to provide zoning information via an interactive online map.
- The Selectmen approved spending no more than $60,000 from the Parks and Recreation Special Revenue Fund to make various improvements at Mills Pond Park. The Selectmen also accepted a $2,000 donation from FOCUS on Canton to the Senior and Social Services General Assistance fund.
Phone: (860) 693-7847
-Wednesdays 3pm-4:30pm & Thursdays 10am-12pm
-If I am not in the office, click here to make an appointment
Canton Town Hall
P.O. Box 168
4 Market Street
Collinsville, CT 06022
Mon 8:15am - 4:30pm
Tues 8:15am - 4:30pm
Wed 8:15pm - 6:45pm
Thurs 8:15am - 4:30pm
Fri 8:15am - noon
Please note, The Tax Dept is closed for lunch noon-1pm Mon-Thurs