The First Selectman's Corner
Dear Canton Residents,
The Board of Selectmen at last night’s meeting approved the Fiscal Year 2016/2017 budget at $10,350,064 and referred the budget to the Board of Finance. The operating budget is $9,250,764 and the CIP is $1,099,300.
The following items were changed from the original CAO budget:
• $7,226 was reduced from the Property/Casualty Insurance line item
• $1,800 was reduced from the Town Clerk Micro/Index Line Item
• $4,178 was reduced from the Building Department Supervisor Salary Line Item (additional hours requested were eliminated)
• $10,000 for Backup Appliance (IT) was eliminated
• $6,000 was added to Software Support in the IT Department
The budget will now be sent to the Board of Finance where they will review the budget and possibly make additional changes. Thereafter the budget will be voted on by the residents in May.
Here’s the schedule in a nutshell:
• March 15th - The BOS will present its budget to the Board of Finance
• March 24th - The Board of Finance will hold a public hearing on the budget (NOTE date change)
• May 2nd - The budget will be presented at the Annual Budget Meeting (NOTE date change)
Leslee B. Hill