Skip to content

Canton Center Store, 180 Cherry Brook Road

Files & Documents >> Visitor Documents >> Driving Tours (text) >> Canton Center Store, 180 Cherry Brook Road

 

BUDGET REFERENDUM RESULTS

 

FY 24/25 Revised Budget Information

 

Canton Center Store, 180 Cherry Brook Road
 

Next  Canton Center List

Built about 1830 by Norman Case as a woodworking shop for manufacture of sleighs, coffins and other wooden products, it was originally situated on the bank of Cherry Brook.  After a severe flood wiped out a dam, manufacturing ended.  In 1874 Giles Sisson converted the upper floor into a social hall, used as late as 1897.  In 1875 brothers Austin and Myron Skinner opened the General Store and in 1886, when owned by George Lamphier, Sr., it was moved from the brook to the road.