Where to Find Us

Canton Town Hall Canton Town Hall

P.O. Box 168
4 Market Street
Collinsville, CT 06022


Click Here for Directions

Town Bridge

  

When Town Bridge was fabricated in 1895 by Connecticut’s famed Berlin Iron Bridge Company there were only three hundred automobiles in the country. Now listed on the National Register of Historic Places, it’s a graceful 160-foot spider web of beams and trusses that sits high above the water on sturdy stone abutments with flared wing walls. Town Bridge is a rare survivor, one of only two “pin-connected Parker through truss” types remaining in the state. Held together with both pins and rivets, it presages a transition to completely riveted designs.