Where to Find Us

Canton Town Hall Canton Town Hall

P.O. Box 168
4 Market Street
Collinsville, CT 06022


Click Here for Directions

Southwest Cemetery, Simonds Avenue

  

This cemetery was originally known as the “Richards Cemetery” on land owned by Johan Richards until an association was formed circa 1887. When the Nepaug Reservoir was built in 1915, 198 bodies, dating back to 1828, were removed from “Old Southwest Cemetery” to Simonds Avenue. The Richards family bodies were moved to South Windsor, Connecticut.