Where to Find Us

Canton Town Hall Canton Town Hall

P.O. Box 168
4 Market Street
Collinsville, CT 06022


Click Here for Directions

North Canton Methodist Church - 3 Case Street

   

Land for the church was donated by Ruggles Case and Miles Lee. The first service was held in 1872. Prior to this, North Canton Methodists attended the Washington Hill Meeting House in Barkhamsted. An earlier North Canton church called the Independent Meeting House, was built on Case Street about 1785. The building was sold at auction in 1839 and parts were used by Decius Humphrey to build a cacoonery at his place on Old Canton Road during the silk worm craze of that time. Proceeds of the sale went to establish the North Canton Independent Library.