Where to Find Us

Canton Town Hall Canton Town Hall

P.O. Box 168
4 Market Street
Collinsville, CT 06022


Click Here for Directions

Canton Center Store, 180 Cherry Brook Road

     

Built about 1830 by Norman Case as a woodworking shop for manufacture of sleighs, coffins and other wooden products, it was originally situated on the bank of Cherry Brook. After a severe flood wiped out a dam, manufacturing ended. In 1874 Giles Sisson converted the upper floor into a social hall, used as late as 1897. In 1875 brothers Austin and Myron Skinner opened the General Store and in 1886, when owned by George Lamphier, Sr., it was moved from the brook to the road.