Where to Find Us

Canton Town Hall Canton Town Hall

P.O. Box 168
4 Market Street
Collinsville, CT 06022


Click Here for Directions

Canton Green - at the intersection of Dowd Ave & Route 44

  

Canton’s namesake Green was probably laid out soon after completion of the Albany Turnpike in 1764. On the northwest corner was once one of the largest elm trees in the nation. It succumbed to Dutch elm disease in the mid twentieth century. The north end of the Green also once grew a grandchild of the Charter Oak which was planted on Flag Day 1918 and commemorated with a plaque in October 1939. The gazebo was designed by Kenneth Bristol, built and recently restored through the generosity of the Lion’s Club.