Where to Find Us

Canton Town Hall Canton Town Hall

P.O. Box 168
4 Market Street
Collinsville, CT 06022


Click Here for Directions

Canton Center Driving Tour

Canton Center is the birthplace of the Town of Canton, dating from 1738 when Mercy Holcomb Barber, widow of Samuel Barber, settled here with her four sons a year after Richard Case II came to East Hill as the town's first permanent resident. The Cherry Brook Valley widens in this area and has the best farmland in town, some of which is still cultivated. The General Assembly recognized the area as a distinct parish in 1750, incorporating the area as the First Ecclesiastical Society of West Simsbury.

Select Categories:




1. Titus Case House, 144 Cherry Brook Road
2. Canton Creamery, 150 Cherry Brook Road
3. Canton Center Post Office, 180 Cherry Brook Road
4. Canton Center Store, 180 Cherry Brook Road
5. Canton Center Congregational Church, 184 Cherry Brook Road
6. Canton Center Cemetery, 189 Cherry Brook Road
7. Cherry Brook Library, 185 Cherry Brook Road
8. Mills House, 199 Cherry Brook Road
9. Ephraim Mills House, 4 West Mountain Road
10. Parsonage, 210 Cherry Brook Road
11. Gardner Mills House, 225 Cherry Brook Road
12. Linus & Vonley Barber House, 22 Barbourtown Road
13. Elijah Barber House, 59 Barbourtown Road
14. Center District School, 135 West Road
15. Capt. John Brown House, 37 West Road
16. Benjamin Case House, 270 Cherry Brook Road
17. Caleb Case House, 2 East Mountain Road
18. Pliny Case Shop, 4 East Mountain Road
19. Edwin Pierce House, 6 Humphrey Road

 

GO TO:
Driving Tours of Historic Canton
Canton Village, Albany Turnpike & East Hill Driving Tour
North Canton Driving Tour
Collinsville - Beyond Downtown - Driving Tour
Walking Tours of Collinsville