Where to Find Us

Canton Town Hall Canton Town Hall

P.O. Box 168
4 Market Street
Collinsville, CT 06022


Click Here for Directions

POWER STATION 

    

This small, two story brick building on the west side of the river once held turbines for generation of hydroelectricity. It was built in 1935 on the site of a wood frame tenement building known as the Swedish boarding house. The power station had a capacity of 300 KW and included an 850 gallon per minute centrifugal pump to supplement fire flows through underground mains. The town of Canton is actively seeking to restore this site for hydroelectric production which was discontinued after The Collins Company closed in 1966.