The Town Hall Parking Lot will be closed on Tuesday, March 19th, from 7am to noon.  Street parking is available and we anticipate the parking lot to re-open in the afternoon. In addition, the lower (basement) entrance to the Town Hall will be closed from 7am-noon. Please contact DPW for any questions 860-693-7863.

Where to Find Us

Canton Town Hall Canton Town Hall

P.O. Box 168
4 Market Street
Collinsville, CT 06022

Click Here for Directions

Housing Info and Resources

For Landlord/Tenant/Mortgage Legal Problems-assistance may be available from the following:

New Help for Homeowners Facing Foreclosure: Connecticut is one of five states that has just received approval to administer a new zero interest loan program for homeowners facing foreclosure. The Emergency Homeowners Loan Program (EHLP) provides loans up to $50,000 or a maximum of two years for eligible Connecticut homeowners who are at least 90 days delinquent on their mortgage payments. EHLP is designed to assist unemployed or underemployed families pay their mortgages if they meet certain qualifications while they look for jobs. The program is administered by the Connecticut Housing Finance Authority and runs April 1 through September 30, 2011. Dial 2-1-1 for more information.

Housing Education Resource Center: This agency provides counseling assistance for people who may be facing foreclosure. They can be reached at 860.296.4242.

Connecticut Fair Housing Center at 221 Main Street, Hartford, CT 06106. Phone 860.247.4400 or toll free 866.247.4401. Email: Contact them for information on fair housing, housing discrimination and tenant rights.

Community Renewal Team has  programs for eviction prevention and landlord/tenant conflict resolution. Their program provides three services: 1. Mediating landlord-tenant conflict resolution, 2. Granting funds for back rent and mortgages and 3. Facilitating mortgage-holder agreements and payment rescheduling for delinquent mortgages. Call 860.560.5800.

Section 8 Housing Assistance: The housing choice voucher program is the government's major program for assisting very-low-income families to afford decent, safe, and sanitary housing in the private market. Participants are able to find their own housing, including apartments, townhouses, and single-family homes. People with vouchers are free to choose any private rental housing that meets the requirements of the program. Call Senior/Social Services 860.693.5811.

Canton Housing Authority: The CHA is a public agency that helps people who meet income and other eligibility guidelines secure affordable, safe and quality housing in the Town of Canton. Information and applications for available housing units can be found by calling 860-693-6464 or by contacting the Housing Authority office at (21 Dowd Avenue) 

Boulder Ridge by calling 860.674.5622 or e-mail:

Maple Glen by call 860.693.2535 or e-mail: