Where to Find Us

Canton Town Hall Canton Town Hall

P.O. Box 168
4 Market Street
Collinsville, CT 06022

Click Here for Directions

Canton’s Land Use Office Creates Notice Registry

Canton’s Land Use Office is establishing a registry to enable land owners, electors and non-profit organizations to sign up to be notified of public hearings on applications for changes to the Plan of Conservation and Development, Subdivision Regulations, Zoning Regulations, and zoning district boundary changes, if the proposed changes are initiated by the Town or its commissions. However, the registry will not provide notice of any other applications or public hearings. During its last session, the General Assembly amended Section 8-7d(g) of the Connecticut General Statutes to require that all towns establish such a registry by October 1, 2006. A form has been developed by the Land Use Office that provides Town staff with the information necessary to properly contact landowners, electors and non-profit organizations. To be placed on the registry, non-profit organizations must be qualified as a tax-exempt organization under the provisions of Section 501 (c) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, or any subsequent corresponding internal revenue code of the United States, as from time to time amended, and will have to provide proof of such recognition.

People may choose to be notified by regular mail or by e-mail. Once names are placed on the registry, they remain listed for three years. After three years, individuals and non-profit organizations must request to be placed on the registry again.

Forms are available at the Land Use Office, through written request or by clicking the link below. The Land Use Office is located on the second floor of Town Hall, at 4 Market Street, in Collinsville. The Land Use Office’s mailing address is Land Use Office, 4 Market Street, P. O. Box 168, Collinsville, CT 06022-0168.

Request for Inclusion in Public Notice Registry

For additional information, please contact the Land Use Office at (860) 693-7856 or visit the Land Use Office