State law requires all dogs over six months of age to be licensed. Dog licenses are issued throughout the year; however, renewal of current licenses takes place during the months of May and June.
Licenses can be obtained at the Town Clerk's office or by mail with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to:
Canton Town Clerk
c/o Dog Licensing
PO Box 168
Collinsville, CT 06022
- Completed Dog Licensing Form
- Current rabies certificate (or documentation of current rabies vaccination due date)
- Self-addressed, stamped envelope
- $19 for an unaltered dog, or $8 for a spayed/neutered dog
- For License RENEWALS: Add $1 per month if after June 30th
A $75 fine will be imposed by the Animal Control Officer on unlicensed dogs in accordance with the State Law.
Per Connecticut State Statute Section 22-338, all Dogs must be vaccinated against rabies and owners must submit a certificate to the Town Clerk when licensing their dog.
For a lost or roaming Dog, please contact Animal Control Officer Beverly LaPlume at 409-4205 or 693-0221. She can also be reached at email@example.com
For more information about the Dept of Agriculture's Animal Population Control Program click here.
Questions or problems about wildlife? Call the DEEP at 860-424-3011.
Animal Control Officer
Dog Licensing Form