November 2020 Voting in Canton
Election Day is November 3, 2020
HAVE A PLAN TO VOTE:
1. Are you registered to vote in Canton? Check here: https://portaldir.ct.gov/sots/lookup.aspx
2. Will you vote by absentee ballot or in person?
a. In-person voting will be November 3rd at the Canton High School from 6am to 8pm
b. Interested in absentee ballot voting? See #3-6 below.
3. The Secretary of the State will mail each registered voter an application for an absentee ballot for the November election. If you filled out an application for the August Primary, you still need to fill out another one for the November election.
4. Fill out that application and get it to the Canton Town Clerk as soon as possible. You can either mail it or drop it in the Absentee Ballot Drop Box which is located in the Town Hall parking lot near America the Beautiful Country Store and the handicapped parking spaces. The Absentee Ballot Drop Box is a safe, socially distant way to get your application directly to the Canton Town Clerk without involving the U.S. postal service. The box is checked at least once a day and its contents go straight to the Town Clerk.
5. The ballots become available October 2nd and the Canton Town Clerk will mail your absentee ballot to you.
6. Once you complete your ballot (don’t forget to sign the B envelope!), mail it back to the Canton Town Clerk or use the Absentee Ballot Drop Box located in the Town Hall parking lot near America the Beautiful Country Store and the handicapped parking spaces. Ballots must be RECEIVED (not postmarked) by November 3rd. They will be counted by our Election Officials at Canton High School on Election Day. Drop it off early…send it in early…don’t wait for the last minute!
Please note: Voters should use the box that is located in their own town. Depositing your ballot in another town’s drop box will only delay receipt of your ballot because the Town Clerk will then have to use the USPS to mail your ballot to the correct town.
Thank You for Voting!