Knowledge Base

Where do I register a new business?

State of Connecticut General Statute Section 35-1(a) requires any person doing business in Connecticut, except as provided by statute, under any name other than the name of the person or persons conducting or transacting business, must register a Trade Name Certificate with the Town Clerk's office in the town where the business is or is to be conducted or transacted. The filing fee is $5. Check also with the Zoning Department to see if there are any additional requirements.
Updated 5/18/2016 12:56 PM
Was this page helpful? Yes No
Thanks for your feedback!