Knowledge Base

Where do I file my DD214 for Military Service?

Any veteran may file their ORIGINAL discharge papers with the Town Clerk's office free of charge. Veterans who served in the military during a time of war, and own property or cars in the Town of Canton must file their ORIGINAL military discharge forms (DD214) with the Town Clerk’s office in order to qualify for a tax exemption. The Assessor’s office will make the final determination of the veteran’s benefits available.
Updated 5/18/2016 12:56 PM
Was this page helpful? Yes No
Thanks for your feedback!