Knowledge Base

Will I need insurance coverage for my event?

A Certificate of Insurance naming the Town of Canton as an additional insured MUST BE ON FILE with the Chief Administrative Office at least ten (10) days prior to the actual event. Insurance is to be in limits of not less than $1 million combined single limit personal injury and property damage covering owned and non-owned auto liability, premise liability and comprehensive general including product liability where indicated. If liquor is served, an additional $2 million liquor liability policy is required naming the Town as additional insured. A separate Certificate of Insurance for $1 million is required from all carnival and amusement companies. Copies of all Certificates of Insurance required must be provided and must show the name of the event and dates of the coverage prior to the issuance of the event permit. For more information on insurance requirements, please contact the Town's Executive Assistant to the CAO at (860) 693-7841. All companies must be licensed or authorized to conduct business in Connecticut.
Updated 5/18/2016 12:31 PM
Was this page helpful? Yes No
Thanks for your feedback!